What Is Facial Deformity And Its Causes….????
The facial deformity is any abnormality in the normal shape of the face due to an injury or birth defects. Facial deformities can be congenital or acquired. Congenital facial deformities are caused due to any disfigurement of facial bones. When associated with middle third or lower third of the face occlusal hindrances are seen. Cleft lip and palate is the most common birth defect. Facial deformity can be caused due to many reasons some of them are listed below:.
- Genetic syndromes such as Treacher Collins syndrome
- Chromosomal defect
- Single gene defect
- Environmental factors such as teratogens(defects caused due to certain medications, alcohol, smoking or any nutritional deficiency.)
- Craniofacial defects such as cleft lip and palate, microcephaly, macrocephaly , plagiocephaly, craniosynostosis.
- Hemifacial microsomia ( underdeveloped facial features on one side)
- Vascular malformation such as lymphangiomas, hemangiomas etc.
- Any neoplasia affecting in and around the face.
- Skeletal deformities such as maxillary protrusion, maxillary retrusion, mandibular protrusion, mandibular retrusion.
WHY WOULD YOU CHOOSE RDCH FOR FACIAL DEFORMITY CORRECTION?
Richardson’s dental and craniofacial hospital, Nagercoil, Tamil Nadu are dealing all sorts of craniofacial deformities since 2010. We have a team of doctors comprising skillful surgeons, ENT consultants, pediatricians, speech therapists and of course a nursing team for proper pre and post operations. We have treated a number of patient with satisfactory result. And we make sure to perform a scar-free facial reconstruction. We even provide postoperative speech correction rehabilitation and occlusal corrections.